During the several deployments, our reporters were able to photograph arrivals and/or departures of the helicopters from the different Combat Aviation Brigades (CAB).
At Eindhoven Air Base (NL) and in the port of Rotterdam (NL) we were able to photograph the departures of 10-CAB on their way back to the continent of the United States (CONUS). 1-ACB could be photographed both during their arrival in Europe at Chievres Air Base (Belgium) and again at the port of Zeebrugge (Belgium) before departing back to CONUS. 4th CAB could be seen in the port of Rotterdam (NL) while unloading 65 helicopters from the roll-on roll-off ship ARC Endurance and getting prepared for their flight to Eindhoven Air Base.
– The fifth iteration of an aviation rotation in support of Atlantic Resolve
– Arriving October 2019, from Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia
– Bringing approximately 1,700 personnel; 50 UH-60 and HH-60 Black Hawks; 10 CH-47
Chinooks; 20 AH-64 Apaches; and more than 2,000 wheeled vehicles and pieces of equipment
– Replaces 1st Combat Aviation Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, from Fort Riley, Kansas
– Sea transportation includes two vessels with more than 2,000 pieces of equipment
– Units will be distributed across the region, to include: Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania and Slovakia